Public health and community services
- Australian Government Department of Health - Dental: Information about the government’s dental initiatives.
- Victorian Government Department of Health: Public health information and services for Victorians.
- Office of Housing Victoria: Information about housing and housing assistance from the Victorian Government Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
Records and history
- Births Deaths and Marriages Victoria: Keeps records of significant life events for Victorians since 1853 including birth certificates, proof of identity, and research and family history.
- Heritage Victoria: Information and resources about historic heritage sites in Victoria.
- National Library of Australia: Online and print resources including articles, journals, ebooks, databases and historical cultural information.
- Public Record Office Victoria: Find records created by the Victorian Government from the mid-1830s to now.
- State Library of Victoria: The library’s collection includes articles, books, photographs, maps, manuscripts and much more.
Services supporting Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants
- Find & Connect Support Services: Helps Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants to access support and counselling, obtain records and reconnect with family, where possible.
Freecall 1800 16 11 09 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Alliance for Forgotten Australians: Advocates for national policies and high-quality services which are tailored to meet the needs and interests of Forgotten Australians.
- CLAN (Care Leavers Australasia Network): Supports Care Leavers with a range of services, assistance and advocacy
- Child Migrants Trust: Provides a range of social work services for former Child Migrants and their families, including counselling, support for family reunions, information, advice and family research. Freecall 1800 04 05 09
- Adoption Information Services (formerly FIND): Information on adoption and applying for adoption records.
- VANISH: Supports Forgotten Australians and people affected by adoption or donor conception.
In other states
- Lotus Place (Queensland): Provides support for Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants, Find & Connect services, Redress support, and advocacy and community education.
- Wattle Place (New South Wales): Forgotten Australian Support Service, Find & Connect, National Redress Scheme support, and Forced Adoption Support Services. Phone 1800 663 844.
- Elm Place (South Australia): Provides support services to people whose lives have been affected by institutional and out-of-home care as children specifically, Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants, the Stolen Generations and people affected by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Tuart Place (Western Australia): Supports adults who were in any form of out-of-home care in Western Australia. Freecall 1800 619 795
Services supporting Stolen Generations survivors
- Link-Up Victoria: Provides a support service to help the Stolen Generations and family members to find one another. Freecall 1800 OUR MOB (1800 687 662)
- Connecting Home (Victoria): Provides a range of services to survivors of the Stolen Generations across South-East Australia, as well as information and education to the wider community.
- Koorie Heritage Trust - Family History Service: Provides confidential client-based genealogy research to help members of the Stolen Generations, Koories in custody and members of the Koorie Community to trace their family history and access records.
- The Healing Foundation: Provides a platform to amplify the voices and lived experience of Stolen Generations survivors and their families, and promotes trauma-aware, healing-informed practice to help government, policymakers, and workforces understand their role in intergenerational healing.
Additional services for survivors of child sexual abuse
- Blue Knot Foundation: Provides support for anyone affected by violence, abuse or neglect as a child, young person or adult. Phone 1300 657 380 Monday-Sunday, 9am-5pm AEST
- Broken Rites: Since 1993, Broken Rites Australia has been researching the cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.
- Historical Abuse Network (Queensland): A network of people who have experienced abuse in Queensland institutions, foster care and detention centres.
- Wings for Survivors: A peer support group for survivors of childhood abuse including Forgotten Australians.
Victorian past providers
- Anglicare Victoria
- Berry Street
- Bethany Family Services (Geelong)
- Child & Family Services Ballarat
- Glastonbury Child & Family Services (Geelong)
- MacKillop Family Services
- Melbourne City Mission
- Salvation Army
- Uniting Heritage Service
Information for recent Care Leavers
- CREATE Foundation: Represents the voices of children and young people with an out-of-home care experience.
- Support services for young people leaving care (Victoria): The Victorian Government Department of Families, Fairness and Housing provides services to help young people who are leaving Victorian care services to adapt to living independently.
- Children in care (Victoria): Information from the Victorian Government Department of Families, Fairness and Housing about permanent care, foster care and kinship care.
- The Commission for Children and Young People (formerly The Office of the Victorian Child Safety Commissioner): Promotes improvement in policies and practices that affect the safety and wellbeing of Victorian children and young people.